Our Favourite 2017 Wedding Trends
1. Destination Weddings are on the rise once again, so many couples this year are opting for sunshine weddings, and who could blame them? Lane Productions has over 10 years of experience planning weddings for couples in Mallorca, Ibiza & afar with access to some of the most exclusive contacts. So, book your flight, bring your flip-flops, relax & let us do the leg-work.
2. Virtual Planning – Gone are the days of notebooks & wedding scrapbooking – this year couples are all about Pinterest, Emailing & Skype Calls!
3. A décor trend that’s taking centre stage this year is ‘Garden Chic’ – Think white stained wood tables, hand picked lush foliage, lanterns & an abundance of fresh flowers. This is a trend that’s easy to put your stamp on. See our gallery for the ultimate Garden Chic inspiration.
4. Sweet Tooth Central! Is 2017 the year we say Bye-Bye to cake cutting? And hello to doughnuts, cupcakes & macaroons? We’re seeing lots of couples opting for alternative sweet treats at their dessert tables. Check out our gallery for ideas on non-traditional wedding ‘cakes’.
5. This may be our favourite new trend of all. 2017 couples are inviting artists & illustrators to their big day & commissioning them to sketch or paint moments from their Wedding Day. You can then either keep the artwork for yourself, or it would make a great gift for Mum & Dad.
6. Make your wedding day a virtual affair! Create your own wedding hashtag & encourage your guests to use it when they post photos online from your special day. This will create an online gallery of memories for you to look back on. It’s also a great way for those who couldn’t make it to the wedding to stay in the loop! #WouldYouDoThis?
Stay tuned for more Wedding Inspiration blog posts coming very soon, until then make sure you’re following us on our Social Media to keep up to date with more of the latest trends.